Monday, August 16, 2021

My Jordan Library: Northern Lights Edition

 


Greetings Shadow Chasers and Dust Makers. 

One thing is for certain, I am quite sure I have never owned so many copies of the same novel before. On the other hand, just check out the Potter Collector over on YouTube. I continue to look remarkably pale by comparison. I guess I could be the Pullman Collector, but I've got a long way to go. 

Plus, sadly, not nearly enough merchandise. 

Anyway, this is my Northern Lights/The Golden Compass collection, complete with dramatic northern backdrop. These have been acquired over a span of about fifteen or twenty years, and actually my very first copy of The Golden Compass was this mass market paperback edition with the Terry Brooks intro. It would be quite worn and torn at this point, and I donated it to a significant other along the way. Still, I kind of wish I had it for nostalgia's sake. 

So from left to right -  the Illustrated Edition of Northern Lights courtesy of Amazon UK; the quality paperback version of Northern Lights I found used at 2nd and Charles; my most recent purchase of The Golden Compass I snagged a week ago simply because I needed an extra copy to be careless with and possibly mark up while writing my book; my original quality paperback of The Golden Compass and the oldest in the collection; next comes the Tenth Anniversary edition complete with those lost papers from Lord Asriel; and finally the Twentieth Anniversary edition with slip cover I scored on sale at a local Books-A-Million. 

So does anyone else out there collect different editions of His Dark Materials or The Book of Dust


And as Always 

Stay Dusty My Friends



#HisDarkMaterials #TheBookOfDust  #PhilipPullman 

#BuildingTheRepublic  #PullmanStudies  #JordanScholarship

#InDustWeTrust  #DownAndDusty   #TheGreatProject


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog News and the Folio Society

  Greetings Shadow Chasers and Dust Makers. It has been a minute.  But first off, check out that sublime edition of His Dark Materials, cou...