Saturday, October 9, 2021

Philip Pullman Meets Iain McGilchrist

 


Greetings Shadow Chasers and Dust Makers.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Jenna Coleman = my celebrity crush. Philip Pullman = my literary one. Iain McGilchrist = my intellectual one. So imagine my absolute philosophical thrill upon receiving notice of the above event in my Channel McGilchrist email right before an interview Tuesday morning. 

Okay, if I was a real fanboy I suppose I would be trekking to London to see this firsthand, global health crisis or no. As it is, I tripped over myself ordering tickets to the livestream event. Perhaps it's just best to simply say - this is Republic of Heaven stuff right here. 

The amount of Dust that will be generated on November 9th is awe-inspiring to think about. Perhaps there's hope for the world yet. It will easily be enough to power a solar system or two when these two great hearts and minds and poets and imaginations finally meet. 

I've been encouraging Channel McGilchrist on this for some time, with all the online winks and nudges I could manage. I originally learned of McGilchrist from this article written on William Blake by Philip Pullman. Both men have delivered stellar addresses to the Blake Society, though I daresay McGilchrist was my favorite of the two, and it can be seen on YouTube here. If you want powerful insights into the ongoing Book of Dust, look no further than here. 

As I'm finally putting together my book on His Dark Materials, I admit I couldn't make it more than 30 pages without quoting McGilchrist. Notes will be taken, and I can't even imagine the soaring inspiration of this discussion. Just follow this link to order both live or livestream tickets! 

P.S. I emailed Channel McGilchrist about whether or not the livestream would be archived somewhere, and mentioned I was writing a book on His Dark Materials complete with McGilchrist quotes and notes. The person who intercepted it not only answered my question in quick order, but forwarded my email to McGilchrist himself!



And as Always 

Stay Dusty My Friends



#HisDarkMaterials #TheBookOfDust  #PhilipPullman 

#BuildingTheRepublic  #PullmanStudies  #JordanScholarship

#IainMcGilchrist  #TheMasterAndHisEmissary   #TheMatterWithThings

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog News and the Folio Society

  Greetings Shadow Chasers and Dust Makers. It has been a minute.  But first off, check out that sublime edition of His Dark Materials, cou...